5 Reasons Why Having a Cat In Your Life Makes Healthy Sense.
They are actually the animal of choice when it comes to domestic pets in Australia and before you say it, no, it’s not a dog but a cat. This may come as a surprise to some people, but most of the homes in Australia have a pet as their preferred pet and there are a number of reasons for that. Cats are not as needy as a dog and they don’t need constant looking after. They, generally, don’t chew up all your furniture and favourite shoes and if they need a poo, they have kitty litter that they can use. You don’t have to take them for walks every day and they don’t eat as much as dogs.
However, in order to keep your furry friend happy and content, you need to have some kind of pet insurance for them. If you want to know what the best pet insurance is, then get yourself online and read the reviews about the different kinds that are currently available to cat lovers all over Australia. Most eventualities are covered and if your cat gets sick and needs an operation, then you will have peace of mind knowing that anything that it needs will be covered by the pet insurance. This gives your vet more freedom to do what’s best for your animal.
Cats offer huge health benefits and we will explore some of them here today. The following are just a few of the physical and mental advantages that they give.
- It’s a fact, cats actually lower your risk of heart disease. That little ball of fur is helping to reduce your stress levels and this has a knock-on effect towards your general health. Just having a cat can reduce your chances of having a stroke by as much as 30 percent. That’s a significant percentage for having a cat in your life.
- Cats offer therapeutic healing that helps in the repair of damaged bones, tendons and muscles. The purring that they make lets you know that they are content, but it also helps patients mend quicker. This is not made up, it is a medical fact. The purr emits a frequency that is conducive with better joint mobility after having an injury.
- You’ll get a better night’s sleep when you have a cat lying beside you. In a recent survey, people, especially women, said that they much preferred to sleep beside a cat than with their partner and they reported a better night’s sleep overall.
- If you’re a male, then your feline friend can make you more attractive to women. As much as 90 percent of women said that they were more attracted to a man that had a cat for a pet. They said it made him seem nicer with a more caring attitude.
- Cats make you less susceptible to allergies and children that were exposed to cats at the age of one year old and above, grew up with less allergies than their counterparts who had no pet around them.
Just watching cats boosts your energy levels, so having one in your life that has the proper pet insurance means that you both will have a long and healthy time together.